Thanks for the feedback. It works on your homepage without clicking, but is too large. I've posted the gif the same way I did ones in previous days, but this time it is just a still, only working when you click through to the site
No problem! In my feed, it showed up as the little polaroid symbol before I clicked on it.
Very excited to debut these 2-color minis at micexpo this year on Oct 4th & 5th! They were riso printed by Matt of parp who was super responsive, helpful, and speedy in completing the order! Y’all should do all your business with him.
As I think some/most of you know, I’m on hiatus from my animation job, which is a more formal way of saying I’m unemployed until they have work for me again. That could be anywhere from a week to months, so money’s tight and only getting tighter as time goes on. It seems to be kind of a downtime for a lot of the studios in the area, so my hopes aren’t high for having another steady source of income until October at the earliest.
If you enjoy Doomsday, it would mean a lot to me if you’d pledge to my Patreon and help things stay afloat over here (if you’ve already pledged, you’re my hero). If you’re not comfortable making a monthly pledge, and would still like to help out, I have a Paypal as well.
Although this isn’t an official Patreon goal, based on my current amount of free time, I may go back to updating twice a week. I’ll keep you posted on that, but in the meantime, if you’re reading this, thank you. As always, the comic is free to read and will never not be, and one of the greatest gifts you can give me as its author is your attention and support.
Is this working?
Does this gif work on your dashboard automatically, or do you have to click on it for it to work? Does it work on the homepage automatically? My computer is starting to do some weird things, and I’m not sure if what I’m posting is working, and I need some feedback, please, if you could…
I had to click on it.
The Mermaid by William Butler Yeats.
I love how, even after predicting how it would end, I was still surprised by the last line.
outlaw one thing in rap music. favorite beat. dopest voice. best alias. also recommend me something. i'm thirsty.
1. Frozen with indecision here, but I’d outlaw any album over twelve songs long, not retroactive. Make it brief. Half short. Twice strong.
2. Clipse & The Neptunes, Grindin’. Anybody who says they don’t mess with this song is a liar or unworthy of your company or both. Just the beat alone is devastating. It’s lunch table beat-making, and you can do it anywhere. You seen the video, with the girls doing the clapping to it? It’s like a thugged out Miss Mary Mac, Mac, Mac.
#2 is Consequence & Statik Selektah’s Mr Popularity. This beat is some final battle music, and it’s just a good rap song. Cons isn’t as nice as Push or Mal, though, especially not this version of these dudes. I thought this song was Popular Demand but I was wrong, that’s another Clipse/Neptunes joint, featuring Killa. Also a hot beat though.
3. I can’t pick a single favorite dopest voice, but I-20, Saafir, Black Thought, and Blu are up my alley. Angel Haze is dope, too.
I-20 is just wild deep, cartoonishly deep. Saafir is a dude who uses his voice in interesting ways. I think the Alkaholiks and Xzibit put me on game there. I still want a real Golden State Warriors project. Black Thought I’m not gonna explain ‘cause you already know the score. Blu’s got that regular guy status on lock. Haze is pleasing to listen to in a similar way, though less regular guy and more raw rapper. Like, if she was rapping in the ’90s, she’d sit right Missy, Foxy, and them.
4. Best alias is Johnny Blaze, because not only did Method Man eclipse the origins of his nickname, he helped turn it into an adjective. Ghost Rider’s never been as john blaze as Mef, not even in the Danny Ketch years. John Blaze is a classic, too. Marvel should sign over the copyright and trademark.
5. I’d rec Cam & A-Trak’s Dipshits but you probably already heard it. I think I’m way more into the Dips than you are, though. Maybe it’s new Jeezy’s new album Seen It All is straight, some good punchlines in there and Jay-Z sounds conscious for his verse. Grab RJD2’s More Is Than Isn’t and then introduce me to her majesty in this video for it. I’ll do the dance and e’ything. Are you up on LK-47? This video is heat rocks. This one, too.
5. Yeah, you a lost in the desert lookin boy, a real woke up with a hangover and the fridge is fresh outta OJ lookin boy.
Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post:
125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked. As of July 2014, inline images appear as 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
On a related subject, if you want to add images to a reblog or text piece without it turning into annoying blank gray boxes, here’s how.
The trick, in short, is to create a disposable separate Tumblr post in another browser window. Upload the image to Tumblr, go to <html>, swipe the html code, and paste into the html of your original Tumblr post. Now discard the disposable post and you’ve added an image to your Reblog!
Here’s a thing I’ve had around in my head for a while!
Okay, so I’m pretty sure that by now everyone at least is aware of Steampunk, with it’s completely awesome Victorian sci-fi aesthetic. But what I want to see is Solarpunk – a plausible near-future sci-fi genre, which I like to imagine as based on updated Art Nouveau, Victorian, and Edwardian aesthetics, combined with a green and renewable energy movement to create a world in which children grow up being taught about building electronic tech as well as food gardening and other skills, and people have come back around to appreciating artisans and craftspeople, from stonemasons and smithies, to dress makers and jewelers, and everyone in between. A balance of sustainable energy-powered tech, environmental cities, and wicked cool aesthetics.
A lot of people seem to share a vision of futuristic tech and architecture that looks a lot like an ipod – smooth and geometrical and white. Which imo is a little boring and sterile, which is why I picked out an Art Nouveau aesthetic for this.
With energy costs at a low, I like to imagine people being more inclined to focus their expendable income on the arts!
Aesthetically my vision of solarpunk is very similar to steampunk, but with electronic technology, and an Art Nouveau veneer.
So here are some buzz words~
Tailors and dressmakers!
Stained glass window solar panels!!!
Education in tech and food growing!
Less corporate capitalism, and more small businesses!
Solar rooftops and roadways!
Communal greenhouses on top of apartments!
Electric cars with old-fashioned looks!
No-cars-allowed walkways lined with independent shops!
Renewable energy-powered Art Nouveau-styled tech life!
Can you imagine how pretty it would be to have stained glass windows everywhere that are actually solar panels? The tech is already headed in that direction! Or how about wide-brim hats, or parasols that are topped with discreet solar panel tech incorporated into the design, with ports you can stick your phone charger in to?
(((Character art by me; click the cityscape pieces to see artist names)))
i am so into this wow
sign me the fuck up
I want a solarpunk future. *_*
SOLARPUNK OH MY GODDDDDD i love it
CURVY ORGANIC LINES, REFLECT NATURE, FLORALS VEGETATION, UGHHHH I WANT IT
Is this a Bakuman anime?
(Bakuman is the manga about a guy who makes manga, right?)
(Source: fudou, via mortalityplays)